Monday, December 14, 2009

A Successful Story Of A LifeMel Honey User

Heime Geffen

May 31, 2007

By Candice Krieger


Two months ago he was bed-ridden, his chemotherapy treatment had been abandoned and oncologists had written him off. But now leukaemia sufferer Heime Geffen claims that he is showing improvements thanks to an Israeli-made honey, Lifemel.

The 76-year-old retired doctor was diagnosed with leukaemia in October 2006. He tells People: “My white cell count at that time was 2.1 (the normal is close to 4). Following chemotherapy it dropped to 1.2 and remained in that until March 2007. Chemotherapy was abandoned in February and I was not receiving any treatment.”

In April, Dr Geffen started taking twice-daily teaspoons of Lifemel honey, after his daughter Terri Barnett and her husband Ian heard about it from an Israeli oncologist. Lifemel is reportedly made from bees fed on specific plants, and adherents claim that it can help fight neutropenia, an abnormal decrease in the blood’s white blood cells. Dr Geffen says: “Being a doctor, I was sceptical about alternative medicines, but within a week I began feeling stronger, and my blood count started improving.

“Today, my white-blood-cell count is virtually normal. I am out of bed, have abandoned my walker and plan to play bridge again. Of course, I can not be sure that it is definitely the honey which is making me better, but I will carry on taking it.”

If this sounds like a sales pitch, perhaps there is a reason for Dr Geffen’s enthusiasm for the product. His son-in-law, recently back from Israel, is looking to market Lifemel in the UK.

Published on www.jewishchronicle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment